Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Introduction

Let's start with the basics.
 
Female.
 
Age is...well....Gen X.
 
Height is just at the lower edge of Amazonian (no, I did not play basketball).
 
Hair is red (currently).
 
The reason you will not see a pic up here:  After I put the rest of the details up, you will understand.  Because of details in my history.....blegh...we'll get to it later.  Leave it to say that I am not hideous, mothers do not hide their children from me.
 
I am a geek.  No, not a geek in terms of biting the heads off chickens in a carnival sideshow.  Here are some definitions that I use.
 
Geek - Proficient in a specific area of study (as in Computer Geek, Biotech Geek, that kinda thing).
 
Nerd -  Denotes a social awkwardness, either through neglect of learning social skills or failure to adhere to standard social skills.
 
I AM a computer geek. I am NOT a nerd - I do have a life.
 
I have done a lot of things in my life: Classical Musician, Pilot, Artist, Teacher, Student, Writer, and a whole bunch of other stuff.
 
I have been around the world and to all continents but two (Europe and one other, I'll let you guess as to which one).
 
Oh yeah, I also used to be biologically male.  Something that I have already taken care of.
 
More on that later.