Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Lift that Barge! Tote that Bale! (from the knees!)

I'm finding that I am a ball of tension this holiday season.  My back has been tweaking the last few weeks and it is really getting annoying.  Each morning, I wake up at 4AM with pain near the center of my spine.  It feels like if I could just crack my back then everything would be fine.  Sigh.
 
So, why all the tension?  I blame the season...Hah! Bumhug!
 
Actually, I like the season just fine.  I am just stressing about what to get people, the amount of times I am flying home and the disturbing conversion of my signature holiday dishes turning directly into fat.
 
Then there is the self-imposed stress.  I have a dozen little projects that I have imposed on myself and it looks like I'll miss my deadline.  You'd think that if I was the one holding myself up to the deadline, then I would be able to shift the deadline to a more reasonable time.
 
Apparently, I am a stubborn wench of a taskmaster.