Thursday, January 27, 2005

Confessions of a post-apocolyptic drama queen

Drama class.....sigh.

Last night was week 2 and we all actually did our time in front of the class. There is a problem with hanging out with college age kids.

They make me feel old - and large. Not tall, for some reason young women today are coming in taller packages - I am barely taller than the next tallest woman. I just felt thick and clumsy and awkward.

To be fair, I don't think I was the only one who felt that way. I suppose it is the point of my going.

I need to get myself outside of my comfort zone. It's the only way I know of to spur on personal growth. Get outside the box and resist the urge to flee back into it.

Next week I have to read a poem or a song in front of the class. I think I will avoid the singing (I can sing but still it is too far outside the box at this point).

Goals for drama:

1. Improvement of initial social comfort level.
2. Non-verbal expression.
3. Have fun.