Wednesday, January 26, 2005

In and Proud????

I seem to be on a blogging rampage. 'spose I am just pondering a bit much.

More on the 'out and proud' stuff. What is the opposite of that, anyway 'In and Ashamed'?

That's not me either. 'In and Proud' I suppose would be more accurate.

Why? I am not totally stealth, I have not given up friends who know about my past. I am well accepted, I am not rejected by anyone as far as I know. I guess there may be those who reject me by shunning me but how would I know?

Why would I want to not be known as 'That Transsexual'? There have been good things that have come from people knowing about me.

1. People realize that Jerry Springer does not represent me on his show - ever.
2. People realize that I am not a danger to their children.
3. People actually forget about my past.

I digress....

The question was....WHY?

Politically incorrect answer to follow:

I like men. I am attracted to them. I know that some are attracted to me.

The male ego is a fragile thing. If word gets out of them falling for a TS, they lose face.

If he gets word that I transitioned before I am ready for him to have that information then I lose boyfriend. There would be a wall that would be near impossible to communicate through.

My stealthiness is a courtesy to him. My stealthiness allows him to get to know ME before he gets to know my issues.

I can already hear the politically correct answers. Meet a better man. If he will have an issue with it, then don't date him.

Essentially, this argument is: "Why don't you remain alone?"

There are some great guys out there that at least deserve a chance. To get that chance, they need to be gently educated.

That's one of the issues anyway, there is a whole different one with parallax.