Wednesday, April 20, 2005

A weighty story

For some reason the last year has been rough in one respect - weight.

Prior to SRS I was at an all time low, down 80 pounds from where I was just a few years ago. A few weeks prior to SRS the pounds started adding on slowly, I attributed it to stress and a little to the abrupt removal of estrogen from my daily routine.

After SRS it did not get better. When I was healed enough, I worked out, I ate right, and I continued to put on a little weight every week.

Some of it was not unwelcome. I started putting weight on in better places. Suddenly I had a butt!

Still, enough is enough. I am now 37 pounds heavier than that pre-SRS weight and I don't like the way this is going.

Weight Watchers here I come.

**--**--**
The Hormone Shift or My Hormonal Life

Once upon a time my system was dominated by the evil Testosterone!
(In system: Testosterone)

Then one day I tried some Herbal Supplements.
(In system: Testosterone, Herbal Supplements)

I went in for the big guns and started Estrogen.
(In system: Testosterone, Estrogen)

I added Progesterone.
(In system: Testosterone, Estrogen, Progesterone)

I added Spironolactone.
(In system: Suppressed Testosterone, Estrogen, Progesterone, Spironolactone)

Progesterone made me grumpy, so I quit it.
(In system: Suppressed Testosterone, Estrogen, Spironolactone)

My endocrinologist upped my dosages of Spironolactone, and Estrogen
(In system: Extremely Suppressed Testosterone, Estrogen, Spironolactone)

In order to have surgery, the surgeon made me quit Estrogen. (Grumpiness ensues)
(In system: Suppressed Testosterone, Spironolactone)

I had surgery (yay!). Estrogen returns. Body no longer is creating Testosterone. Much tears on day 3 of Estrogen return. Body doesn't know what to do when not fighting Testosterone.
(In system: Estrogen)

HMO changes contract with pharmaceutical company. Changes my form of Estrogen.
(In system: Estrogen and Estrogen).

Body relatively stabilizes.
(In system: Estrogen)
**--**--**