Monday, January 31, 2005

Around in a fog....

I can be oblivious at times (where men are concerned).

Saturday night I was at a bar with some friends. There was a crowd there, mostly groupies of the local band that was playing. Across from our table there was a youngish, scruffy guy (not scruffy in a bad way) and he started up a conversation.

Apparently he taught one of the people in the band how to play. Cool, I thought, we continued on in a fairly innocuous conversation. Next to him, a pretty girl sat watching the band. Obviously they had come together, right?

Afterwards, my friends tell me that he was only talking to ME. Huh? I thought he was talking to all of us. Also, I assumed that he was taken (obviously I didn't think of the possibility of the fact that they were there as friends.)

So basically, I have to work on when a guy might be flirting with me.

It is probably related to self-esteem issues.