Monday, May 09, 2005

Three Days, Chock Full

It was a relatively busy weekend.

First there was an event in 'The City' (to those outside the SF Bay area, 'The City' means San Francisco). I don't usually attend GLBT events but I have been avoiding doing anything social with the folks in my companies GLBT association and it seemed like a good idea. I participate in the Council of our organization but only under the caveat that my name not be used (I don't want to get Googled). We have accomplished quite a bit this year and I feel I owe their support some loyalty. Besides, all of them are really cool people and I would hang out with them anyway.

So, I went to the dinner accompanied by a close friend who also avoids GLBT events. It was good to see him getting out and being social (I worry about him sometimes).

We stayed in 'The City' til quite late and I only nearly killed us 3 times driving home drowsy.

On Saturday, I talked a friend into seeing 'Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy'. She wasn't all that keen on it going into it but she really enjoyed it after it started. Another friend of mine came over that afternoon and we talked until Midnight.

Sunday, I barely got out of my pajamas. I did actually make myself a little more presentable in the afternoon when a girl from my Drama class came over and we rehearsed the scene that I totally tanked on last week (it is going much better now).

Back on the Friday night subject. At my employer a fairly highly placed person began her RLT a few weeks ago. She is full of energy and really wants to get some things done. Eventually, I will be shifting the load to her and I can work on just fading away again.