Monday, July 18, 2005

Are feather-based glasses IN this year, or not?

I don't like to dwell on clothes or personal style. To me that is where the lay person defaults when they hear of someone with this particular function.

That being said, I don't like to provide fodder for the stereotype.

However....(don't you just love when a person claims distaste for a particular action and then procedes to do that particular action?)

I need a style update.

Classy but functional. I am not crawling around under desks at my job anymore.

I've been through my closet and have disposed of most of the hideous stuff from my initial (distastrous) attempts at developing my personal style.

I still cringe when I look at this stuff.

I let others help me at first. Think about how a young natal woman develops her style. It is peer approval, rebellion, sex appeal, comfort. You have to make mistakes (or see someone elses) in order to bring yourself into focus.

You have to deal with the body shape you have, not the shape you want.

You have to be appropriate for your age (or apparent age).

You have to deal with the workplace.

Colors (patterns, solids, palette, ugh!)

My style shifts, it is a living thing. Occasionally there is a need for an evolutionary leap.

Now is that time.

Classy. Attractive. Appropriate. Comfortable.

Now if I can just get the funding for it.