Friday, September 16, 2005

A note to those giving presentations...

If you are giving the standard Transsexual 101 class (which is usually reserved for schools or the education of workplaces) there is one thing I must ask of you.

If you are going to try to stun the audience with 'the voice trick' (dramatically shifting your voice back into a male register) then MAKE SURE THERE IS A DIFFERENCE.

I recently attended a meeting where someone was giving the TS 101 talk and attempted this and I really could not tell the difference. This was a woman I respect very much and the talk was top notch.

But there is nothing I can say, nothing I feel is my place to say. Her wife was there, maybe she should say something.

Also, I must warn people that the voice trick loses potency over time. It is far less stunning/amusing each time you invoke it.