Tuesday, October 25, 2005

BREATHE DARNIT!

When the emotions are flying and it seems like you just have to lash out and DO something, please do me a favor.

Don't.

Unless someone's life is on the line. Don't.

I don't mean someone's emotional life (I am thinking of the teenager 'My life will be OVER if I don't get to go to the party!').

If the decision is so Earth shattering then it can probably wait a minute.

Think.

Breathe.

Think some more.

Do NOT quit your job. Do NOT lash out at your boss. Do NOT start your RLT while active duty in the Navy in a Submarine in the middle of the North Pacific.

Breathe.

Think.

Plan.

Give yourself some time to catch up with your own decision.

Unless your life is in danger then don't decide to move out of your home and live in your car.

Just take a step back and breathe awhile.

Okay?