Friday, December 30, 2005

To Work On

This is about as close as I am going to get to a New Years Resolution (at the moment, I may change my mind tomorrow).
 
Express Joy.
 
Yep, that's it.  I am a pretty sedate person.  In a group of people I barely know, I am likely to be the quiet one in the corner.
 
I am so self-conscious of my dancing that it is almost painful.  I need to be able to let go - PLAY.
 
That's really what I am looking for - Play.  I find it hard to let go and just have fun.
 
I don't know when I lost this ability or if I ever really had it.  I don't remember exhuberent laughter as a child.  I was always serious.
 
Imagination is not a problem.  Really, it's not.
 
Maybe it was just because I was suppressing so much because I was afraid of the consequences if my secret was known.
 
Maybe I just never learned.
 
This year I am going to learn to play.