Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Another Addiction

I am not a huge fan of Reality TV.  So much of it seems contrived - edited for maximum distortion for dramatic effect.  In non-Reality TV I can respect that.  Heck, I expect it.  But Reality TV makes a point of telling you how REAL their show is.
 
Anyway, that being said....
 
I am somewhat addicted to a Reality TV show.
 
Beauty and the Geek is the 'brainchild' of Ashton Kutcher.  The premise is relatively simple, take purely social beings (vapid variety) and make them interact with people who are social misfits but are more gifted in teh intellect department.
 
Sometimes it is like watching a trainwreck.  The basic problem I see with the show is that the guys WANT to be more social but the women do not care if they learn anything on the intellect side of the house.
 
The moral of the show has a few aspects.
 
1. Develop where you are weak.
2. Proceed with confidence.
3. People are people - duh. 
 
Yes, I have a favorite.  (How do you track monkeys with lasers anyway?  It seems like a RFID-like technology would be more efficient).
 
What do I find the most annoying about geek men anyway?  It is hard to get them to stop being afraid to talk to you.