Tuesday, January 17, 2006

A Maze of Twisty Passages...

Sometimes I hate the jumbly mess that is my brain.
 
I usually have a point to make.  Sometimes the point isn't so much words as it is an idea.  In my head, most ideas are self- defining so finding the words to convey this fantastic point that I have (and I really do have one....somewhere....okay, there was this duck and it was near a subwa....never mind.  Back to the point) finding the words is difficult.
 
So I try to break the idea down into little pieces and describe each point that I know I can convey.  The problem with that is there is a tendency to get bogged down on the wrong aspect of one of these sub-points.  Focus wanders.
 
So I try a different tack.  I tell stories.  The stories are not necessarily directly related to the point I want to make but rather to those annoying sub-points that I wandered off with earlier.
 
In a few cases this tactic is successful and it usually ends with people getting to the point I wanted to make and thinking they came up with it themselves.
 
More often I believe I am seen as someone who comes up with crazy stories all the time but can occasionally inadvertantly aim a conversation so the saner people can come up with a fantastic conclusion.
 
Wow, this must be what insanity is like.
 
Anyway, back to that duck.....
 
P.S. Please pardon the uber-geek reference that is the title of this entry.