Thursday, January 05, 2006

Rain Gear and Spaghetti Westerns

A couple years ago, I was at the local mall.  I noticed a brightly colored display in one of the major department stores.
 
So, being attracted by bright and shiny things, I wandered over.
 
and was presented with PONCHO's of every color.
 
Good Lord, how stupid.  Don't these people know that ponchos are for rain gear?  Didn't anyone see 'Unbreakable'?
 
Are we supposed to go out and buy these silly things just because the Deity of Fashion vomited up this idea????
 
Yes, apparently.
 
I have held out.  I still think they are silly and I kind of resent the fact that they took over EVERY SINGLE STORE!
 
"Welcome to Bob's Hardware!  Nail guns are on aisle 3, fashion ponchos are on aisle 1"
 
Who makes up these rules?  Are the fashion police on the take?
 
When I see ponchos I think of 3 things:
 
1. Camping
2. Clint Eastwood
3. Marty McFly
 
I don't see the appeal.  Yet I know someday I will end up with one.
 
Sigh.
 
Lemmingly Yours,
 
Anne