Monday, January 16, 2006

Play-do and tin-whistles

I love to create.
 
Why?  Of course I have always had my theories but one idea has started to crystalize in the last week.
 
[begin rambling story section here]
I mentioned earlier that I have been a bit addicted to podcasts lately.  It's true.  But in the last week, I have been listening to music again, more and more.
 
Why?  It makes me feel good. It makes me sad.  It evokes the emotions, deep rich emotions that are so easy to get hooked on. I remember where I was when I heard something.  I get that inward smile (that occasionally pokes through), that just feels GOOD.
 
I read many books over and over.  Why?  Same reason.
 
Movies? Same.
[end inordinately short rambling story section that really wasn't long enough to be considered rambling]
 
I want to share that feeling with people.  I want to be able to evoke those feelings in people.  I want them to know that feeling of basking in the feel of...well....whatever I am feeling.
 
When I look back on my life, I see this pattern.  I was a band geek (I was the alpha-band geek).  I have been writing fiction for years (nope, nothing has sold).  I studied musical composition in school.
 
I started acting (the HORROR!).
 
So, back to my not-a-resolution, resolution (aka express joy).  I think I know which way to go on it.
 
Geez, don't you hate it when you lost sight of something you love?