Friday, April 28, 2006

Frustra....never mind

I am a little frustrated/disappointed/sad.
 
I like to think I am a decent friend.  I take care of people when I can.  I have opened my home to people when they recover from surgery.  I visit during recuperation.  I take days off work to make sure people have a ride to the airport or to their appointments.
 
I am having surgery in a couple weeks.  The surgery itself is not a big deal, it is basically outpatient and I'll be back working at home a day or so later.
 
I have to go alone.  I have to take public transportation for 2 hours afterward to try and get home (busses/trains/taxis).  Last night my ride backed out (well, not backed out actually, more like "I can pick you up 8 hours after your surgery.  Can't you kill time until then?".
 
I really don't cry that often but I feel a little abandoned.