Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Belated Drama Class Entry (two birds)

Last week in Drama class...

(Then...one time.....at band camp.....)

Anyway...One time....last week....in Drama class....

We do this exercise. It calls for spontaneous improvisational interactive movement. Each week he practically begs for volunteers. I bit the bullet and tried it.

I didn't connect with the group totally. By the end I was connecting a bit. Movement is not my forte', I do much better with visual learning and musical response.

How did I feel? Self conscious, awkward, cumbersome, silly, self conscious, plodding. Did I say self-conscious yet?

The self-conscious thing, THAT is what I have to get over.

A wise woman once told me "Get over it. You aren't that important to them."

She had a point, people are more caught up in themselves to worry about me.