Wednesday, February 02, 2005

The door hasn't hit me on the way out....yet

I don't know what impression I have given to people.

Is it someone who has just got what she wanted and sprinted for the door?

"Hehehehe. I got mine. Later suckers."

I truly hope people don't think I am that evil. I am aiming towards a life without the TS baggage, true. Does that mean that I have forgotten all I have been through? All those who helped me?

Not a chance.

I have a remarkable workplace. I transitioned on the job and I can't think of a more supportive atmosphere. I feel I owe them for that support.

I have remarkable friends. They have stuck with me (even through the times when I am not sure I would have wanted to be seen with me). I am blessed.

I have a remarkable family. Don't even get me started on them. This would go on for hours (paragraphs? chapters?).

The point is (I say that a lot, don't I?), I owe people a lot. So, I do my activism, just in a more subtle way.

I am an invisible member of the Pride Organization at work. We are doing some fantastic things on medical coverage for transitioners. My criteria is that my name not be used - ever.

I have taken people, temporarily homeless, into my home.

I suppose my stuck-upedness has basically done one thing. My participation has gone from overt to covert. Heck, everyone doesn't have to be a poster child(1).

Right?

(1) I'll check the Transitioners Code of Ethics. It is entirely possible that everyone DOES have to be a poster child.