Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Persistence of Recognition

People work hard to find their own look. People strive to be distinctive in their expression.

If your confidence is up, what woman doesn't want all eyes to gaze on her as she enters the room?

If you confidence is down, you have a tendency to think about things like, 'Did I take that avocado facial mask off?'

Apparently, I am distinctive and I am not sure I always like it. I'll wander through Cost Plus World Market and complete strangers will come up to me and ask

'Don't you work at [insert the name of Retail Sales Outlet here]?'

The fact is, I haven't worked at [insert the name of Retail Sales Outlet here] for a year and a half. Still people recognize me.

At stores I would go to occasionally, clerks would exclaim that they hadn't seen me in forever (apparently the sales clerks are immortal).

I wish I could just accept the fact that people remember me. But....

I have to wonder WHY. (Who knows why I do this, apparently I like punishments).

So I go through the list...

I am TALL (right around six foot). Most women aren't that tall. Still, it is a distinguishing feature.

For some reason, people tend to like the color of my HAIR. Honestly, I don' t think it is all that distinctive, but I have been told differently.

I am FRIENDLY. I actually talk to people (yes, but I am still a Shy Extrovert).

CLEAVAGE. Since they are stared at during conversations, my breasts cannot be classified as shy.

I certainly hope it is one of those reasons. Please note that none of the prior list means that they 'clocked' me.

Of course it could be that whole TRANSSEXUAL thing. People saw me transition, I would imagine that is something you don't forget all that easily.

Or, I could just be obvious.

I dunno. I'll strive to assume it was something from the first list.