Monday, August 29, 2005

I want an old drug?

I need some goals. Well, that sounds pretty simple, eh?

Goal #1 - Get some goals.

Transition, I suppose, was a pretty big goal at one time. It's not really any more.

Sure, there are the standards: Lose weight, make a million dollars, find the love of my life. I don't know, it seems a little trite to add those in. It sounds like New Years Resolutions.

I have to dig a little deeper. I have to go back to basics.

What am I, at my soul?

Y'all will probably laugh at this one.

A writer.

I like the flow of words. I like how words evoke emotion. I like the ability to entice - to thrill.

I like to make people laugh.

I was fairly prolific at one time but my output has tapered off considerably. Just getting through life was hard enough.

Withdrawl sucks. The ideas tend to pile up in my head (which may, in part, explain my extreme randomness).

Or maybe they aren't ideas - they are just the voices I haven't named yet.

I actually think the acting will help (I don't see how it could hurt). Getting a feel for the flow of a scene, the timing, the getting into someone's head.

So, it's settled. I will resume writing.

Be afraid - be very afraid.