Friday, August 05, 2005

I was born to follow the......Sun?

I am heading home for a visit. I really enjoy heading home but I wouldn't want to live there again.

Home is the place where my old name still comes up from time to time.

Home is where my Mother and I have the fights we should have had when I was 15 (You aren't going to wear THAT are you?).

Home is a place where all these transition issues ultimately don't matter. Our family is still the same.

Home is where all that is on TV is CSI:* and the Sci Fi channel.

It is where they make me bake as soon as I enter.

There are moments of awkwardness and times of just relaxing.

The more times I go up there now, the less I hear my old name. Mom never screws it up any more but we had some intense quality time when she took care of me after surgeries.

I think it is not a matter of denial but rather a matter of getting used to it.

So I will visit and each time it should get better - in theory.

Still, I really am looking forward to it.