Monday, February 07, 2005

Turn your head and......

I met my new Primary Physician today. My old physician moved to a different facility so I had to choose a new one. Rather than take the GLBT referral, I just called and asked for a woman Doctor.

She was nice, I found her accent a little hard to understand at time but I think we will get along well.

Only one problem. I tried to explain to her about my 'function'. I think it is important for a Doctor to know what she is dealing with.

I don't think she believed me.

"I had Vaginoplasty."

"So this was congenital?"

Sigh. Rather than continue in the philosophical realm....

"The surgeon constructed a Vagina. I didn't have one before."

"You poor dear...."

etc. etc. etc.

She refreshed my refills for estrogen and ordered a blood test.

She had me promise to get an OB/GYN appointment. I left it at that.

I'm sure the lightbulb will go on over her head soon.

I don't think it will be quite like that at the OB/GYN.

Anyway, not as traumatic as I thought.

We'll see how the next appointment goes.