Monday, March 14, 2005

Don't Swallow the Nails

I have had a quest lately - make my room more 'grown up'.

I have a large bedroom, it easily fits my office and bed but the dichotomy is disturbing. I have the serene bedroom side and the MASS OF ELECTRONICS AND GEEKDOM side.

So, the weekend short term goal is this:

Hide the MASSIVE ELECTRONICS. I bought an entertainment armoire. It's the kind that people put TV's in. I got the pieces upstairs and got to assembly.

It was hot, okay? Really warm. Sweaty.

There isn't much more uncomfortable than a sweaty bra. So I changed to some pink shorts and a little tank. Sad to say, it was an uber-girly outfit.

So, my housemate gets home and I am standing in my room, in the uber-girly outfit, with 4-5 nails in my mouth, hammering the back onto the new armoire.

She looked at me and laughed.

"You are such a bizarre combo of butch and femme at the moment, you are freaking me out."

I commenced the orderly process of trying to swallow the nails in order laugh uncontrollably (okay, it wasn't that orderly). Roomie ordered me to spit out the nails and I survived without having to pass painful pointy things.

Roomie gets major points for saving my intestinal track but loses a couple on initiating the attack to begin with.