Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Stubbiness

I suffer from stubbiness.

I am a tall woman with short legs. My height is in my torso. Most shirts *cringe* have a tendency to enter crop-top range. That would be okay if I were even 10 years younger and MUCH thinner.....ah, to have a dream.

The shirt issue aside, this post is about stubbiness.

One of my basic theories is that the proportion of hip-width to leg length is crucial to a good aesthetic balance. If your leg length is too short, it makes you look stockier (which in my opinion is not good).

I am 5' 11", which is considered tall (but it could be worse). Pants for Talls are too long and Pants for...well....non-Talls are too short.

I have a solution but it is counter-intuitive. Short of having everything I wear tailored it is the only thing that I could come up with.

I wear heels.

Not tall ones. Not stilletos. I keep the height to around 2 inches (maybe 2 1/2). In the Winter, my standard is ankle boots and, in the Summer, wedges or any of a bunch of other kinds of shoes. All of what I wear is comfortable to wear for many hours at a time (I won't be running marathons in them, but I also just won't be running marathons).

It seems to work.

So ends my 30 seconds of fashion-babble.