Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Glass slippers don't get much traction

The Cinderella Syndrome.

There you are, late in your RLT or Post-Op. You have a modicum of confidence and it is beginning to show.

Men notice. (Actually men notice pretty much anything with breasts but they are actually showing interest).

He asks you out. Nervously you say 'yes'. You go on the date and there is no chemistry. None. Yet he asks you out again, and again, and again.

Do you keep going out with him? Even if you don't really like him much?

Having men interested in you is terribly validating. But a low self-esteem can keep you beating your head against a smelly wall.

Prince Charming can sweep you off your feet. But what standards are we using to determine our Prince Charming? At what point do we settle for Prince Breathing-and-a-pretty-solid-pulse?

I have a tendency to end relationships early (or have them end on me early). I can't see doing something I don't want to do because it is the thing to do.

Still, I wait for Prince Attractive-and-Fun-and-Tall-and-Cool-and-Smells-really-Good.

Someday, my Prince will come.