Monday, February 07, 2005

Unsolicited Advice

You say you want to transition?

Let me give you some advice.

Don't do it. It is too hard. You may lose everything. You will expend every resource, strain most of your friendships and put your personal safety at risk.

Did that convince you?

At this point, a potential transitioner has to make a choice.

Don't continue. Anne says I shouldn't do it. She has been through it. She knows.

The other choice.

What, are you nuts? I don't have a better option. I HAVE to transition. Even if Anne is right, the cost is worth living my own true life. I don't care what she tells me to do.

Do you see what I am getting at? Each of us has to weigh the costs and make the choice for ourselves.

Prepare for the worst. Hope for the best. Deal with what you get.