Sunday, February 27, 2005

Magical Mystery Tour

I went to a pub with a friend to see a band. She has been gushing about them for weeks and finally we found a time where we both could go. So, we trekked to the wilderness of San Jose - my friend, her brother, and me.

She is pretty outgoing (but not in an obnoxious way). The goal of the evening was to have fun and enjoy the band. And she FINALLY has stopped outing me to people.

The band was outstanding, one of the best Beatles cover bands I have heard. The place was packed. So where do we end up? In front, next to the sound board (and most of the crew).

Note to self: RELAX and HAVE FUN.

I suppose I am still in a protective mode. I have trouble letting go and just having fun. Still, I don't think I should take the LSD I was offered.

In order, the guys of the evening were:

Drunk young guy - Surprisingly he was still standing by the end of the evening.

Mystical Quiet Stalker Guy - Do you know in horror movies when the bad guy is about a mile off. The camera focus shifts for a split second and then he is only a half mile away - then a quarter mile - the RIGHT NEXT TO YOU. No transitional movement - just materializing in the next spot (something quantum mechanical about that). Still, I got a weird vibe from him.

Bass Player - We made almost constant eye contact through the gig. He came down and talked between sets.

Band Manager Type - He was with the band in some official capacity. By far he was the most flirtatious. The only issue we had was that I was not expressive enough. "Are you having fun at all?" he asked. I was, I am just not great at showing it.

Drunker Young Guy - He really wanted to dance. He looked about ready to lose it and I didn't want puke all over me.

The Brother - My friends brother. I promised her I wouldn't hit on him. But we did have some nice conversations.

Next time notes:

  • Do NOT be the driver.
  • Have fun - dance.
  • Do not worry about how I look.

Oh, and a funny point. There were at least 3 other transitioners in the room - all, at least to the room at large - stealth. They were all expressing their joy a lot more than me.