Thursday, February 10, 2005

Why Keep Them At All?

So if I am all fired up about getting out of the TS community then why do I still have TS friends?

I don't have a choice.

My friends are my friends. They are friends first whether or not they are TS. I cannot choose to disown them now.

They are my friends. Not just people who I met along the way. Not just aquaintences of convenience. Friends.

I don't see them as being the ' TS Community'. When we go out and do things, we don't dwell on our shared medical history. There is so much more to the world than just this.

Drama class was awesome this week!

Since I talk with people less and less about my transition in RL, I am saying most of it here.

How about this perspective weirdness: A community is made up of people but a person is not the community.