Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Uninvited Houseguests

I have built this world around me. It is fairly comfortable and I like it. One of the foundations of this world is the fact that I control who knows my 'function' and who doesn't. Sure there are leaks now and then (it is just too juicy not to tell). But for the most part, I am in control.

I have friends (believe it or not). Some of these friends are TS and they come to visit. No problem, right? Right. I don't see these folks as being people who would out me (by disclosure or critical mass).

I love to see them.

The problem comes when they start inviting others to my home. They bring the out-and-proud group along. You know, the ones who chastise you for not being in peoples faces.

I don't feel comfortable with that. In fact I hate the fact that they are taking advantage of me.

"If you are okay with me, then you HAVE to feel okay with them."

Makes sense, right?

Actually, no I don't. I feel violated. I feel used. I feel angry. How dare they decide to abuse my friendship and redesign my life.

I guess I am not a good friend.

It is enough to make me want to go the Witness Protection Route.

"Neurotics build castles in the sky. Psychotics live in them. I want to add on a wing and a poolhouse, what does that make me?"