Thursday, November 03, 2005

The Practice Job (Part 7)

So, you may ask, if the store was your 'happy place', a location and society that left you more energized when you left than when you got there.

If it was, in fact, paradise.

The WHY DON'T YOU WORK THERE ANY MORE????

Good question oh fictitious curious one. I'm glad you asked.

I got tired.

As I have said before I believe in constantly expanding social circles. I go to school, singles events, date. I ran out of time in my days.

The store started to feel like an obligation. So I tried to quit.

I went up the the manager and said the words:

"I quit."

You would think that that would do it, right?

Nope. He just took me off the schedule. I still went back for emegencies for 9 months after I 'quit'. I can still go back today.

It was a magic time (Good Lord that sounds corny!). But it had to end.

I recommend it to all. I would do it all over again in a second.

[enter Doogie Howser pre-blog diary entry here]

I learned something that day.....
The only way....
to grow up....
is to...
stop...
[insert Blue Screen of Death here]
*Doogie swears*