Monday, October 31, 2005

The Practice Job (Part 5)

I fell into a pretty standard pattern. Get up, pretend to be a guy and go to work. Rush home. Change. Work at the store. Come home. Collapse.

Repeat.

The store saw me through my initial awkward stages. It was the place that I surrendered my crutches. I remember the torment I went through when I finally gave up the fall I wore to hide my short hair.

I was complimented on my new hair cut - that's it.

The store was my 'happy place'.

I originally had a two year plan before I would start my RLT. My timeframe was based on when I thought I would accomplish all the little tasks I needed to have done prior to Full Time.

In short my list was this:

No artificial hair.
No beard cover mandatory.
Enough money to live for several months without a job.

My parents wanted to add things like:
No debt whatsoever (something that would take 7-8 years).
10 year cooling off period.

(I took my parents input as advice-only)

There were a few more things on my checklist but they seem pretty minor now.

Ah well, The Best Laid Plans of Mice. Eh?

Six months after starting Part-Time I ended up going full time. Five days later I visited Dr. O for some facial restructuring. By the time my initial full time deadline hit, I was already all through with Genital Origami.

I would definitely recommend the checklist approach vs. a timeline approach to transition. In my mind, it is much more practical.

Next...the end of the Practice Job.

(To Be Continued...)

If this kind of historical entry is helpful please keep letting me know. It is difficult for me to write this much of my actual life events vs the conceptual stuff.